At Alberta Back and Neck Rehab & Sports Injuries Clinic, we offer naturopathic medicine among our many services. Naturopathic medicine is a distinct system of primary care that addresses the root cause of illness or disease and promotes health and healing using natural therapies rather than simply treating or suppressing symptoms. Its primary goal is to enhance health and prevent disease. The focus is on the whole person, taking into account the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual aspects of the individual. Naturopathic medicine works to harmonize the inherent healing power in nature by supporting and stimulating the body’s ability to heal itself.
While naturopathic care helps to alleviate specific symptoms, NDs are primarily concerned with addressing the root cause of an illness: the focus is more on the why of disease than the what.
The use of plants for healing dates back to the beginnings of civilization and is the foundation of modern pharmacology. Plant substances from around the world are used for their healing effects and nutritional value.
Clinical nutrition- Examines the relationship between diet and health
This therapy will analyze and maximize the patient’s diet for proper bioavailability and utilization for optimal health. Specific diets may be recommended and treatments may include nutritional supplements such as vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and other nutraceuticals.
Homeopathic medicine- Based on the principle of “like cures like”
Diluted amounts of natural substances are used to stimulate the body’s self-healing abilities.
Biotherapeutic drainage– Is a philosophy and methodology of healing which has been practiced in Europe for more than 100 years. This is a wonderful, gentle but very deep acting modality of healing.
- The natural routes of elimination may not be active and functioning at all times leading to an unnatural accumulation of toxins. These toxins in the body may be considered to be the cause of many different symptoms and diseases. Your present health concerns may be a result of toxic accumulations in your tissues. The accumulation of toxins can be a factor in acute and chronic illness, genetic weaknesses, and chronic disease, creating blockages to therapeutic treatment.
- Drainage is the process of detoxifying the body by opening the routes of elimination and discharging the toxic accumulations. Drainage is involved not only in helping to eliminate toxic accumulation, but also serves to stimulate the proper function of organs in order to improve the patient’s overall health.
- Drainage is essential in order to help restore your body and vitality to what you want it to be. That is why during the beginning treatments you receive at our office drainage remedies will often be used to start the process of cleansing and clearing your tissues of toxic accumulations which will help you on your path to a higher level of health.
Alberta Back and Neck Rehab & Sports Injuries Clinic offers a full dispensary with high quality professional brand products.
At this point in time there is no regulatory body that checks that what companies put on the label is really what they put in the product. At the clinic we offer a full dispensary of professional brand products that do quality assurance testing and use the highest quality ingredients in the most bio available forms. This ensures better, more reliable results.
- Salivary hormone panels
- Neurotransmitter testing
- Food intolerances
- Bone mineral hormone testing
- Heavy metal toxicity
- SIBO testing
- Comprehensive stool testing
Some of the conditions that can be potentially treated by naturopathic medicine include, but are not limited to.
- Allergies and food sensitivities
- Arthritis and fibromyalgia
- Fatigue and chronic fatigue syndrome
- Hypertension and cardiovascular conditions
- Constipation, diarrhea, bloating, and gas
- GERD, Crohn’s, and IBS/IBD
- Eczema, psoriasis, and acne
- Cystitis, prostatitis, and impotence
- Osteopenia and osteoporosis
- Weight management
- Hypoglycemia, insulin resistance, and diabetes
- Colds and flu
- Ear, sinus, and throat infections
- Intestinal upsets
- Promoting breast health
- Fibrocystic breast condition
- Enhancing health during pregnancy
- Fertility issues
- PMS, menstrual problems, and PCOS
- Menopausal symptoms
- Uterine fibroids
- Prostatitis and benign prostatic hypertrophy
- Anxiety and depression
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
- Mental or emotional stress
- Stress management